Wednesday 23 July 2014

Red Lipsticks! (part 2 of lipstick collection)

Red lips will ALWAYS be in. Its just so classic and there is a shade of red for absolutely everyone. I have a habit of gravitating towards one type of red, which will be shown in this blog post; that is blue-toned reds. For ages I've wanted the famous ruby woo, but I somehow managed to convince myself that I don't need it, and I can find cheaper dupes! whilst I thought I was wrong, I eventually gave in to indulging in the Mac lipstick and found that I indeed managed to find SEVERAL dupes which are much cheaper! Initially I thought SHIT.. But at least if I ever happen to run out of ruby woo, I won't have a sudden urge to repurchase it again.  Nevertheless, I don't regret my purchase at Mac at all.. I think there is something deeply satisfying about going into mac, choosing a lipstick and coming home with it all excited! 

Here are my red lipsticks anyway.. I've also thrown in some red lip liners too which also serve as ruby woo dupes Hurray!






(from left to right: CK sinful, MUA shade 13, manhattan soft mat lipcream in 45h, mac ruby woo, barry m lip liner in 3, jackelin lip liner in l28, MUA lip liner in brooding plum)

Calvin klein delicious luxury creme lipstick (£3)




First of the bunch is this CK lipstick in the color sinful. Its a very slightly darker red, leaning towards a maroon, but its still a red to me. It glides on amazingly, so creamy and smooth, and has a sheen that gradually fades, but still leaves behind moisture. I think the quality of the lipstick is really nice (well it is CK). I believe that these have been discontinued, or repackaged/re-released, as I can't seem to find it online. I bought it from ebay some time ago, and I'm afraid the seller no longer has this to sell. This is darker than ruby woo, and more creamy, definitely not matte as shown by the swatch. I tend to pair this with the mua lip liner in brooding plum, as the swatches show similarities. 

MUA shade 13 (£1)



This is a very bright red, definitely the brightest one of the bunch. It has a glossy sheen to it which I am not too keen of, but it can be blotted down to a matte finish. Application is brilliant, however it doesn't wear well without blotting. I can pair this with either the barry m or the jackelin lip liner. 

Manhattan lip cream in 45h (around £2)



Now this was the first dupe I found to ruby woo. It is a cream that dries down matte, and doesn't feel completely drying on the lips. I came across this on ebay along with various other shades in the range, and it was so cheap that I couldn't not buy it. I would 100% recommend this product as it is great quality and for the price you cannot get a better dupe! This doesn't even need a lip liner in my opinion, as the applicator makes it so easy to apply, but of course you can use the barry m liner which is the exact same color and texture as ruby woo and this lip cream. 

MAC - Ruby woo (£15.50)



This is my all time favorite red. Regardless of it feeling like the sahara desert, My love affair with this bad boy continues and I will always stay committed. I think ruby woo really does deserve the hype. If you are looking to buy a red lipstick I would recommend this one. It suits EVERY skin tone and look flattering with simple eyes or smokey eyes. Honestly, its the matte-est lip product around (which I love). Obviously moisturize before application really well - and I mean it! Exfoliate, moisturize and condition very well before applying this, and you will thank me. The exact dupe I found in a lip liner form will have to be the barry m lip pencil shown in the swatches above. 

Now for the lipliners:

Barry M in shade 3:



You don't have to buy ruby woo, instead get this lip pencil and fill in the entire lips and wa la! This is the SAME color, no more words needed. 

jackelin lip liner


I'm so sorry guys, but I couldn't find this anywhere online. I bought it from abroad and have loved it since. Its very similar to the barry M liner, but is so much more creamy and applies easier. If you can get your hands on this I would defo recommend. The color is a tad bit brighter, but only makeup freaks like me would be able to tell. 


MUA liner in brooding plum


Guys just go and get this now. Its £1 and is such a stunning color. Its a more pinky darker red, and will suit anyone. You can wear it alone all over the lips or combine with a pink, red or if your feeling an ombre a nude lip (just remember to blend with a lip brush). I love this shade, its probably my 2nd fave (after ruby woo of course).

Now its your turn.. Whats your favorite red shades? any recommendations? comment down below, I would love to hear :)


MISS ANONYMOUS 
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment