Saturday 12 July 2014

Lipstick collection (part one - Nudes & Browns)

What other great way to start than to share with you my collection of lipsticks? Let me confess - I have an obsession with lip products, and always will. I don't know what it is but they just look SO pretty even to look at, and your lips can either make or break your entire look. 

First in this series are my humble collection of the nudes/browns. In other words the more neutral of the bunch. I don't have many, but I hope to grow my collection until I am satisfied (i.e. until I have every color under the rainbow perhaps!). For reference I have a warm tanned medium skin tone (NC35-NC40 in mac).

So in total I have 4 Neutrally shades in my collection:


   (from left to right: rimmel london moisture renew in nude delight, MUA shade 11, Revlon matte lipstick in mauve it over, and Mac taupe).


   (Left to right: nude attitude, mauve it over, MUA shade 11, MAC taupe)

    (excuse the hairy arms :/)

Rimmel London moisture renew in nude delight (£6.49)






This was my first ever nude lipstick! I would describe nude delight as a very pale nude (well for me anyway). Against my NC35-40 skin tone it is not very flattering! It has a very warm orange-y undertone (blends in with my skin) and i am afraid it washes me out when worn on its own. I usually pair it with a brown or pink lip liner, or I apply this on top of another brighter lippy to tone it down just a tad. As for the quality of the lipstick, it is pretty standard really. The longevity is decent, although not brilliant. It applies a little patchy, and as shown by the photo above, it settles into lines! But all in all, its not bad at all considering I bought it for only about £5. Putting aside the ghostly look it can give me, I would rate this a 3/5.

MUA Lipstick shade 11 (£1)





I still remember when I stumbled across the MUA stand in superdrugs, and I was astonished at their amazing prices! At just £1 you really cannot go wrong, and I must say I was pretty impressed - The pigmentation is quite decent; its well pigmented and the color is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. It is a pinky-brown nude, and has a slight sheen which I don't mind (I almost ALWAYS buy mattes). For me this is the perfect everyday color as I would describe it as a 'my lip but better' shade. However it doesn't last exceptionally long, and starts to wear off within an hour, but really I can't complain. I tend to carry around my lipstick anyway, so I can always reapply. For me this is perfect with any look whether it be a dark smokey eye or even just a simple winged liner, this lipstick is a winner!

Revlon matte lipstick in Mauve it over (£7.49)




This is one of my go to shades for everyday (as well as the MUA lipstick). Firstly I love it because it is matte, yet not drying. The color is perfect, slightly more nude that the MUA, but it still doesn't make me look corpsy. I thought it was a little overpriced for a drugstore brand, but its totally worth it, as I have made good use out of it. It also wears quite well, although I may need to reapply few times during the day. 

Mac - taupe - matte (£15)






I ordered this online based on swatches on the internet and was a little nervous about how it would look on me when it arrived. But luckily I fell in love with this! I think its one of those under rated mac lipsticks, but I shall introduce the hype. First of all the color - it is PERFECT - it is a more browny-nude with an very very slight orange undertone. I wanted a darker nude, that wasn't my lip color, or wasn't just a standard nude. This is something that shows up more in photos, whereas the other nudes come out well, nude. The texture isn't too drying, but I would still suggest moisturising beforehand as with any lipstick. It lasts pretty much all day and I probably would have to reapply only once or twice throughout a long day. It looks great with a brown smokey eye or even neutrals, either way, if you are or my skin tone, darker or lighter, anyone can rock this lippy. Now the price; I don't know why, but Mac lipsticks are just forever increasing in price.. however it is definitely worth it as the quality it great, from the longevity, to the sweet scent and the sleek packaging. 

Well there you are guys, let me know in the comments below what are your favorite nudes/browns, I would love to know.. I would also like to hear any feedback of my first blog post and any suggestions of the posts you would like to see? Stay tuned for the rest of the lipstick color series, and thanks for your support! 

M I S S  A N O N Y M O U S





No comments:

Post a Comment