Saturday 19 July 2014

Mini Kiko haul!

Theres a first time for everything right? well this was my first time buying a few kiko cosmetics. As many of you might know, kiko is an Italian makeup brand with a few stores around London. The branches I know of are Stratford westfield and London regent street. I happened to be shopping at oxford street a few days ago, and I somehow managed to control myself by purchasing just 3 items! now that is a serious achievement for me. In my opinion kiko products are very reasonably priced, although it seems of high quality - I would describe the prices as drugstore. The only complaint I would have however is about the stores itself. Firstly the lighting is CRAP. I don't know how it makes sense to have dim lighting in any shop to be honest, because I like to see what I'm buying. Other thing is the music - I mean WTF? how am I supposed to hear the cashier at the till speak? The employees are overly polite - but I felt like I was being followed around even though I clearly told them I don't need any help!.. Anyway Enough of me blabbering, here are the things I bought:




from left to right; kiko smart lip pencil 710, 711 and skinny fit kajal in 01



Smart lip pencil in 710 rouge noir - I absolutely love this color! its like a deep darkened plum shade, perfect for the autumn months. It can be worn all over the lips for a super matte lip or can be worn with numerous lipsticks for that ombre effect. I tend to buy a lot of lip liners simply because it can be worn as lipsticks and I prefer matte finishes at most times. 



The second lip pencil I got is in 711 light plum. It comes off as more of a pink to me, with a hint of a plum/purple undertone. I swatched this liner on the back of my hand at the poor lighted kiko store, and it came across something I had been looking for. I wanted this for that signature Kylie jenner lip, but that turned out a complete FAIL. I realised when i got home that this wasn't a good match, but regardless it is a pretty shade to add to my collection. 

The best bit about these lip liners is of course the price! At just £2.50 these are a steal. I think for the price your getting a very nicely pigmented lip liner with intense color that lasts for a decent amount of time. I tend to look for lip liners that are below £5 generally, as to me they pretty much perform the same. However I may be wrong as I am yet to try more higher end liners like mac, bobbi brown etc. 

The third Item I bought was a nude kajal pencil. I got this for purely using inside the waterline to give that wide awake appearance. I currently own a stark white NYC liner which I've been using for a few years, however I've only just realised that it is too intense and can look a tad bit harsh. So instead I picked up this liner, which shows up as white in photos but I promise its not! It was on sale for £4 which is not extremely cheap but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. It comes in a pretty box and is surprisingly very long. It would last me ages! I guess the size of the pencil justifies the price :). I haven't tried this in my water line yet, but it seems good from the reviews I have read. 

I would love to hear from you guys what are your favorite kiko products? Please feel free to comment down below with your recommendations :)

MISS ANONYMOUS 

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment