Wednesday 30 July 2014

Purple smokey eyes

My Eid face - purple smoke

A very late Eid mubarak everyone! Hope you've all had a productive Ramadan and an amazing Eid! I thought I'd start doing some posts showing the makeup I wore and products used, and what better way to start ey? My Eid look wasn't inspired by anything - to be honest it was quite random for me to do a purple/silver smokey eye rather than my go-to browns and neutrals. I wanted to step a little out of my comfort zone this time and experiment a little bit seeing as I wore black (which I believe will look great with any look!). 

I used various products which are mostly available easily, however some eyeshadows used were limited edition (so sorry!) - BUT will include some alternatives (aka dupes) below :). None of the pictures were edited, and was shot using daylight for the best representation of the products used.



Products:

Face:

  • Illamasqua satin primer  
  • Illamasqua Rich liquid foundation in shade '233'
  • Illamasqua Under eye concealer in shade '233'
  • Mac prep and prime highlighting pen in 'light boost'
  • Sleek face contour kit in medium
  • Illamasqua blusher in 'lover'
  • Urban decay all nighter setting spray
  • front cover rainbow eyes palette - 'biscuit' (mac dupe - 'whisper of guilt' extra dimension highlighter is GORGEOUS but unfortunately is also limited edition. However I did find another dupe - kiko water eyeshadow in 208 which is exactly the same!)


    Eyes: 
    • Dainty doll concealer as a base 
    • Urban decay basics palette - 'naked 2, foxy, crave'
    • No. 7 limited edition gift box set - deep plum eyeshadow (mac dupe - 'fig 1')
    • illamasqua blush in 'lover'
    • front cover rainbow eyes palette - 'biscuit' 
    • MUA undress me too palette 'reveal' (dupe for urban decay 'verve' from naked 2 palette)
    • Maybelline black gel eyeliner
    • elizabeth arden double density mascara
    • red cherry lashes #43
    • brows: MUA matte brown eyeshadow #19
    • kiko skinny fit kajal in #01
    lips:
    • Mac lip pencil in 'soar'
    • Mac lipstick in 'Mehr'
    • Rimmel lipstick in 'nude delight'
    As always I start with my eye makeup to avoid fall out onto my foundation especially when dealing with dark shadows. I primed my eyes with the dainty doll concealer - any eye primer can be used as long as it provides a semi-sticky base and covers any veins or darkness on the eyes. I went straight in with 'naked 2' as a transition shade from the UD basics palette using a fluffy blending brush. Blending is the key to this look - ensure there are NO harsh lines! next i applied foxy to the brow bone to make the blending process a little easier - so they blended in together. I applied a light peach blusher - illamasqua's lover into the crease to warm up the eye in a very subtle way. Next I added the deep purple/plum shade into the crease gradually and blended away. I added very lightly some of the black shade - crave into the outer crease and blended in with the purple. 'Reveal' from the MUA palette was added onto the eyelid carefully, without the shimmer going all over into the crease. I also added the golden 'biscuit shade' onto the brow bone and on top of my cheek bones as a highlight, as well as in the inner eye corners to bring some light.  I then created a line and wing with the gel liner, added the mascara on top and bottom lashes along with the falsies. To make the eyes pop i added the purple shade with some black on the lower lashline, also with a nude pencil in the water line. 





    For the face I contoured with the sleek palette with the dark shade to carve out my non-existent cheekbones, define my jaw, chin and forehead. I highlighted with mac's prep and prime pen in a upside-down triangle shape and blended with a standard kabuki brush I used for my foundation. I added some of the illamasqua blush and highlighted with the gold eyeshadow. Since I have drier skin, I don't use powder - instead I use the urban decay all nighter setting spray to banish any cakeyness. 



    I outlined my lips with the pencil and applied the lipstick all over. The 'nude delight' was put in the centre just for a lighter color and a more 'poutier pout!' 



    And heres the finished look! 

    I have loads of weddings and events coming up soon so stay tuned for more makeup looks. Please bear in mind that I am new to this and I am still trying to figure out how to use this blogging site, so please be patient and show your support :)

    necklace: primark 

    Much love, Miss anonymous 

    xxx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment